Silversmith+Jeweler

A Blog for the Silversmiths + Jewelers.

5 Tips on creating with intention

how to be creative and productive

How to create with intention.

It's so easy to focus on the negative, or the overwhelming list of things to do. The reason I am drawn to create is because it forces me to focus in the moment. But sometimes I can get so caught up in the process of making jewelry, I lose track of time and, more importantly, the goals I have for myself.




Set goals for yourself

Make goals

If I didn't have goals for myself, I wouldn't get half as much done with my jewelry line and the studio as I want to. Even just as little as saying out loud what I want to accomplish somehow gives life to my goals.

Write it down

Write it down

With that said, writing down my weekly and yearly goals is how I get the most accomplished.

Plan your day


Plan your day

At the beginning of each day, I take 5 minutes to reflect on the goals I have written down and begin to come up with a sketch of what my day looks like in my mind.

Make a checklist


Make a checklist

This is why I try to have a notebook with me at all times and a checklist of projects I want to accomplish for the day and for the week. Writing everything down helps me keep a focus that I normally wouldn't have and allows me to direct my creative energy in a way that is most productive.

Time yourself when creating

Time yourself

This is the hardest one for me to do. Giving myself a timeframe of how long a project should take and trying to stick to it. It is what makes me complete the most projects though. Keeping to a timeline is not natural to my artist frame of mind, but by forcing myself to (mostly) stick to one, I get more done and leave behind some of my bad perfectionistic tendencies.

I hope that this was helpful to you if you have been struggling with being your most productive.

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! Please follow us for more jewelry news, tips and tricks!