Silversmith+Jeweler

A Blog for the Silversmiths + Jewelers.

Keeping track of Solder

Here at the studio, I have a hard time keeping track of solder. Because there are so many people using the studio, sometimes things don't get put back in their designated space. If I didn't have a system for knowing what is hard, medium and easy solder, I would go crazy.

Here is my system as well as a handy sign you are more than welcome to print out and use for yourself!

• Only use sheet solder

• Color code it with a sharpie:

    Black for Hard
    Red for Medium
    Blue for Easy

I have a color guide for anyone who doesn't know at the studio
hard, medium, easy, solder, silver, color guide


• Keep it in a container like this one.

solder, box, blue, organized
 I have the container labeled so I can just flip open the lid and see...

My solder, in its right place, ready to be cut and used!

Do you have any other ways you use to keep track of your solder? Please share them with us!

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! Please follow us for more jewelry news, tips and tricks!