Silversmith+Jeweler

A Blog for the Silversmiths + Jewelers.

Iowa for Mother's Day

Last weekend, I visited my Grandma for Mother's Day. She is the youngest of thirteen children and her last living sibling, Ellen, is in a hospice. So, I thought it was probably a good time to visit. Ruth (my grandma) is such an inspiration for me. She has an amazing and positive outlook on life that I KNOW takes work. She's never been the type to prolong any phone conversation (In fact, she's usually the one to end them with me!) because she always has something to rush off to, like a card game with her friends.

We ended up going over to Pella, Iowa one day. It's an old Dutch town, and they have a tulip festival every year.

Tulip festival
Tulips are my absolute favorite! It was a shame we ended up going on a Sunday, because there were some amazing looking bakeries that were closed.
Tulip festival




Thankfully, the tulips were still out and looking good!

Tulip festival in Pella Iowa
It was a fun trip that consisted of a whole lot of card games, coffee shops and laughter. We spent our last afternoon going thrifting in Perry and playing checkers at a cute coffee shop called Big Chair.
Big Chair Coffee Perry Iowa


Hope you had a great Mother's day! 
-Johanna

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! Please follow us for more jewelry news, tips and tricks!