Silversmith+Jeweler

A Blog for the Silversmiths + Jewelers.

Arizona Artist Series: Meghan of Girl's Run Fast Q&A

Meghan makes jewelry for runners, triathletes, duathletes, swimmers, cyclists, yogis with her business Girls Run Fast. Jewelry to celebrate your accomplishment and more.


1 silver charm with a copper bike and 1 silver charm with a runner




Meghan makes jewelry for runners, triathletes, duathletes, swimmers, cyclists, yogis with her business Girls Run Fast. Jewelry to celebrate your accomplishment and more.

How did you get into metalsmithing?

I took my first class when I was at the university working on my BFA, it sparked my interest then but at that time I could not  fit any more classes into my schedule. I got back into it and  started taking classes again  twenty years later after teaching art for many years.



Saw Frame Cut lube and filesWhat inspires you?

My life experiences and the experiences of the people in my life.  I started making my running pendants when I was training for a marathon and continue to get ideas for new pendants from events in our lives. One of my newer designs is a runner with a dog, inspired by our new dog.


Silver pendant with copper bike, runner and swimmer

What is your design process?

I begin with drawing  several designs until they develop into something I am happy with. Once I am happy with the design then I will cut the figures out of copper. The stamped designs on the background are different every time.  I create these designs on instinct without any planning.



What is your favorite tool?

My favorite tool is my saw. I enjoy cutting out the figures and challenging myself to cut them out smaller or with better detail each time.



What is on your bench right now?

Runner pendants and rings in process as well as some cabochons  I am working on making into pendants for gifts.

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! Please follow us for more jewelry news, tips and tricks!